We are very blessed at Wilsonton State School to have a lovely group of volunteers who assist our students in a variety of ways. Our volunteers are a valuable asset to our school community as they assist with swimming and reading lessons, join classes on excursions, help to organise our home readers and work in our tuckshop.
Our school is also involved in the Ready Readers Program which is an Education Queensland initiative. This program provides parents, grandparents, caregivers and volunteers the opportunity to:
- Explore and participate in the wide range of literacy experiences that happen daily
- Explore the knowledge that effective readers draw upon when reading
- Engage children in the use of reading strategies
- To build motivate and build confidence in children through reading
- To provide children with a strong foundation for reading success
We are always keen to welcome new volunteers to Wilsonton. If you would like to know how you can be involved please contact our office staff on (07) 46 371 222.